- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 02/27/2024
- Website: www.allervie.com
- Company Address: 5830 Granite Pkwy #100-243, Plano, TX 75024
About AllerVie HealthBringing relief and renewed vitality to those affected with allergies, asthma, and other immunological disorders.
At AllerVie Health, our team members are unified around our mission to help patients achieve and maintain optimal health and quality of life - free from the symptoms and suffering of allergies, asthma, and related immunological conditions. From our physician and clinical roles to our administrative and operational support roles and everything in between - we change lives for the better - giving people their lives, health, and vitality back in real, tangible ways. We live every day on mission and wake up excited to tackle new challenges and provide people with health solutions.
When you join AllerVie, you join a crucial workforce that provides meaningful care and service to our allergy patients. We value the knowledge and experience you bring to AllerVie and we reward your efforts and dedication with a competitive compensation and benefits offering that allow you to offer your best to our patients. These benefits include the following for full-time employees (scheduled 30+ hours weekly):
- Eligible for benefits the first of the following month after date of hire
- (3) major medical plan offerings
- Dental and vision plan offerings
- Supplemental benefit offerings: accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, short-term and long-term disability, supplemental life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care spending plans
- Company paid benefits: $50K basic life and AD&D insurance, Teladoc plan for employee and dependents at no cost, Employee Assistance Program to include work/life balance resources and counseling
- 401k Plan with VOYA after 6 months of AllerVie employment. Company match of 100% of the first 3% of employee contributions. 50% for the next 2% of employee contributions.
- Generous paid time off that increases with years of service
- Paid holidays
We are currently seeking a Medical Billing Specialist to join our Account Services team. They will be responsible for accurately communicating with patients regarding balances and financial responsibility. This position is also responsible for preparing and filing insurance claims and ensuring all delinquent patient and insurance balances are worked in a timely manner in order to provide superior customer service to all patients.
- Review and prepare daily charge tickets as they are completed by providers for daily claim submission.
- Review all insurance denials, determine the appropriate action and file all rejected claims as assigned.
- Ensure all claims are filed timely to the appropriate insurance payers.
- Assist patients and internal staff with questions concerning insurance billing and account balances. This may include phone collections and setting up monthly payment arrangements.
- Contact patients and insurance payers to secure payment as needed.
- Initiates call and correspondence when additional information is required to accurately process a claim with the appropriate insurance payer.
- Process past due account notifications and follow-up.
- Accurately enter insurance and patient payments daily and balance against accounting system.
- Call insurance payers to verify insurance or obtain referrals as necessary.
- Assist in follow-up of all claims and patient accounts over 30 days old.
- Prepare accounting statements as requested by patients.
- Ensure month end goals are met.
- Routinely communicate with management and providers in order to ensure all daily charges are complete.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Maintains work area in a neat and organized manner.
- Works in a team atmosphere and promotes team activities.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous billing experience.
- Clear and articulate phone voice.
- Well-groomed appearance.
- Detail oriented with excellent computer and communication skills.
- Possess positive customer service skills.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
AllerVie Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.