- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 02/27/2024
- Website: www.allervie.com
- Company Address: 5830 Granite Pkwy #100-243, Plano, TX 75024
About AllerVie HealthBringing relief and renewed vitality to those affected with allergies, asthma, and other immunological disorders.
At AllerVie Health, our team members are unified around our mission to help patients achieve and maintain optimal health and quality of life -- free from the symptoms and suffering of allergies, asthma, and related immunological conditions. From our physician and clinical roles to our administrative and operational support roles and everything in between — we change lives for the better — giving people their lives, health, and vitality back in real, tangible ways. We live every day on mission and wake up excited to tackle new challenges and provide people with health solutions.
When you join AllerVie, you join a crucial workforce that provides meaningful care and service to our allergy patients. We value the knowledge and experience you bring to AllerVie and we reward your efforts and dedication with a competitive compensation and benefits offering that allow you to offer your best to our patients. These benefits include the following for full-time employees (scheduled 30+ hours weekly):
- Eligible for benefits the first of the following month after date of hire
- (3) major medical plan offerings
- Dental and vision plan offerings
- Supplemental benefit offerings: accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, short-term and long-term disability, supplemental life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care spending plans
- Company paid benefits: $50K basic life and AD&D insurance, Teladoc plan for employee and dependents at no cost, Employee Assistance Program to include work/life balance resources and counseling
- 401k Plan with VOYA after 6 months of AllerVie employment. Company match of 100% of the first 3% of employee contributions. 50% for the next 2% of employee contributions.
- Generous paid time off that increases with years of service
- Paid holidays
The Shot Technician will be responsible for administering vaccines and injections to patients in a clinical setting. The technician will work under the supervision of a licensed healthcare provider and will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of all injections given. The technician will also be responsible for ensuring that all equipment and supplies are properly sterilized and maintained.
- Administer vaccines and injections to patients
- Maintain accurate records of all injections given
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies are properly sterilized and maintained
- Assist with patient education regarding vaccines and injections
- Follow all safety protocols and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a certified medical assistant program or equivalent training
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Experience administering vaccines and injections preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
AllerVie Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.