- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 02/15/2024
- Website: getinsured.com
- Company Address: 1305 Terra Bella Avenue, Mountain View, CA, 94043
About GetInsuredWe are a company on a mission to improve the way people shop for and enroll in health insurance. And we’re building world-class cloud-based software to bring the public health sector along with us.
GetInsured is a health insurance shopping platform for web applications and services, and we are proud to have helped one in ten uninsured adults in the nation find affordable health plans that meet their unique needs. We understand that health insurance shopping can be a challenging experience, and our primary goal is to simplify complex tasks and user flows into intuitive, accessible, and user-friendly interfaces for both web and mobile platforms. We firmly believe that exceptional user experience design is the key to the next phase of our platform's evolution. If you're a creative and talented designer looking to make a significant impact, we want you to join our design team.
Why Choose GetInsured:
At GetInsured, we are a small but highly innovative team with big ideas we're excited to bring to life. Everything you design will directly influence the choices of hundreds of thousands of consumers and shape our product strategy. As a versatile product designer within our close-knit team, you'll have the opportunity to lead and influence the design process from start to finish, from conceptualization to release and usability testing. We encourage you to challenge yourself, refine your skills, and carve out your niche while working alongside a supportive group of individuals.
Who We're Looking For:
We are seeking a "full stack" designer, someone who excels at rapidly generating ideas, selecting the best concepts, and collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams. You should be highly proficient in using various design tools to visualize, prototype, and effectively communicate your design decisions. You're attuned to the needs and emotions of users and thrive in collaborative environments. Complex challenges don't deter you; in fact, you embrace them. You're self-motivated and dedicated to seeing a project through to completion.
- Collaborate with product teams to brainstorm solutions for intricate design problems.
- Utilize data and user feedback to define user-centric product requirements.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and interfaces for a variety of user scenarios.
- Develop visual design components, construct style guides, and maintain pattern libraries.
- Partner with colleagues from different departments, including business, product, engineering, and quality assurance, to execute design plans.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Paid time off
- Health & Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Other types of insurance (Life, Disability, Vision) - Parental leave
- Retirement benefits (401k)
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement-
- Employee discounts for Gym memberships & commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules
If you are passionate about creating exceptional user experiences and want to be part of a dynamic team, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity at GetInsured!
- A robust design portfolio showcasing your keen eye for interaction design, esthetics and shows evidence of critical thinking and decision making. - The ability to effectively articulate design decisions, prioritize tasks, and communicate objectives.
- Proficiency with Figma and Adobe CC is required. - Experience working with Design Systems is required.
- Solid understanding of semantic HTML and CSS fundamentals; experience translating design specs in Figma to style specifications in CSS is required. - Prior experience being part of user testing activities is a plus.
- Experience using UI design kits to craft click-through prototypes in HTML and CSS is a plus.
-Designing for mobile apps is a plus.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the industry with a continuous commitment to staying current with design trends, tools, and best practices for both mobile and browser platforms.
- A deep interest in design principles and a curiosity about how people interact with technology. - A B.A./B.S. in design, arts, HCI, or a related field is preferred.