- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/18/2023
- Website: macstadium.com
- Company Address: 3525 Piedmont Rd NE, Building, Suite 700, Atlanta, GA, 30305
About MacStadiumMacStadium is the leading provider of enterprise-class Apple Mac infrastructure-as-a-service providing scalable, reliable, and secure private clouds and dedicated servers for workloads that require macOS.
Meet MacStadium. We build cloud solutions to simplify Mac for business. We actively participate in and influence the Apple ecosystem in a cool way and have been a part of it since day one. Developers and end users at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and small teams rely on MacStadium’s innovative solutions every day. We have a passionate team of hard working, hard playing professionals with a big, shared vision. Come join us as we grow again!
What we need:
We are seeking to transform our current operations data center staff to be Data Center Technicians. A data center technician will be providing a variety of services to build and maintain MacStadium’s patented technology and infrastructure. This position will work closely with our engineering team by performing hardware, network, or system installation, configuration, and troubleshooting new or existing infrastructure. The data center analyst is also responsible to deploy servers, upgrade software, and conduct audits (such as inventory) on a daily basis.
This is a Shift 2 opportunity with working hours of 4PM to 12AM, Wednesday through Sunday, and may occasionally include changes in shift days and times with notice. On call will be required on a rotational basis.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with physical build and install infrastructure at the data center
- Complete general network and system configurations
- Troubleshoot and repairs servers with hardware or network connectivity issues
- Provide a remote hands function to physically troubleshoot customer reported hardware malfunction
- Help manage the daily performance of the data center operations
- Run data cables and maintain cable/wire management according to company standards
- Ensure heating and cooling systems are operational and meet temperature conditions for servers
- Maintain inventory counts of company assets such as racks, shelves, and servers
- Records and updates documentation of work operations, incident reports, and outages
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis as required
- Manage and triage service tickets through ticketing system
- Perform other tasks as assigned
What Skills and Experience you need to have:
- 1-3 years’ technical experience
- IT certifications such as CCNA, Comp TIA, Server + etc. are a plus
- Understanding of data center operations – routers, switches, infrastructure, network
- Ability to perform physical tasks around the data center
Physical demands and requirements:
The position operates in a data centre environment and physical requirements include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to safely use a ladder
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Require the use of hands to finger
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
- Must be able to distinguish different colors
- Require use of tools such as screwdrivers
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency.
- Team player
- Results and action oriented
- Time Management
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an innovative company that has proven to be the leader in Mac cloud solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and creative team at our state of the art Data Centre.
- Competitive pay & great benefits.
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire.
All offers of employment are conditioned upon successful completion of a background screening process and all employees must comply with the immigration rules and laws in the jurisdiction in which he/she/they will provide MacStadium services.
MacStadium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, marital and family status, religion and religious belief, age, disability, results of genetic information, and service in the military.