- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 09/17/2023
- Website: medixinfusion.com
- Company Address: , Addison, Texas
About Medix InfusionMedix Infusion is a provider of ambulatory and home infusion therapy and specialty pharmacy services. The Company currently manages nine clinics throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area.
We are looking for Payroll and Benefits Specialist to help us manage and oversee our payroll and benefits programs. You will be responsible for the tactical and operational management of all our payroll and benefits, and work closely with all levels of the company.
This is a hybrid position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for processing, balancing, and transmitting payrolls to and from payroll to ensure completeness of the payroll process for bi-weekly of multi-state payroll consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Processing that includes, but is not limited to, new hires, STD, wage assignments, relocation, expatriate compensation, additional pay, bonus and commissions, direct deposit and pay cards, and terminations final pay.
- Ensure the automated timekeeping hours file is processed and balanced.
- Calculates and creates out-of-sequence pay entries for corrections.
- Ensure processing of tax processes for accurate reporting to accounting and troubleshoots errors for resolution.
- Assist with various payroll, tax, and benefit reconciliations and audits.
- Creates, tracks, and works to resolve service requests with 3rd party payroll providers.
- Stays informed of all payroll and HR policies and procedures.
- Adheres to applicable state, local, and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Follow prescribed procedures and workflow.
- Run employee pay detail reports as needed for HR, Legal, and Compliance requests.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees, and coworkers.
- Primary benefits contact and support for employees dealing with sensitive and confidential information relating to Benefits issues.
- Provides accurate and efficient resolution of issues and inquiries through multiple channels (phone, email, case management) by following appropriate resolution/assessment methodology (investigating and research), utilizing vendor resource tools, educating employees on products and benefits tools, and determining the appropriate course of action or escalation for emerging issues.
- Helps with respect to transactional inquiries and issues involving Vendors and Brokerage companies.
- Continually utilizes vendor resource tools and contributes new, revised, or updated information to maintain accuracy and consistency in knowledge in support of Associates, peers, and the Benefits team as appropriate.
- Communicates effectively (written or verbal) to best match employee style, needs, and level of understanding in creating optimal customer interaction. Communication style includes accurate and grammatically correct support.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Continuous Learning – Assess own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting or Finance, or relevant field
- 2-4 years of experience in benefit administration
- Minimum of five years payroll processing for multi-states
- Previous experience with reporting, data analysis or payroll reconciliations
- Expert knowledge of common payroll systems
- Expertise in common HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems)
- In-depth understanding of all relevant legislation
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving and decision-making skills.
REASONS TO WORK AT MEDIX INFUSION
- Excellent Culture as ranked by our own employees (NPS Score)
- We Put the Patient First – Treating Others the Way We Want Ourselves or Our Family Treated
- We Do the Right Thing…
- Team Matters – We Always Assume Positive Intent
- Health Insurance (Company pays approx. 70% of medical coverage chosen)
- Dental/Vision Insurance (voluntary)
- Paid Time Off – tiered plan based on tenure starting at 120 hours annually
- Paid holidays – 7 days per year
- $50,000 life insurance/$50,000 AD&D Employer Paid (additional Voluntary Life/AD&D products available)
- Disability income protection plan (optional)
- 401(k) savings plan and company match