- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 09/15/2023
- Website: www.elligohealthresearch.com
- Company Address: 11612 Bee Cave Rd, Austin, Texas, 78738, US
About Elligo Health ResearchElligo Health Research accelerates clinical trials through healthcare with access to over 150 million known patients and their HIPAA-compliant healthcare data, propriety technology, fully powered healthcare-first facilities, and supported research sites. Elligo’s Research Partner Services enable healthcare practices and research sites to seamlessly participate in clinical trials.
The PRN Patient Engagement Associate supports Elligo by promoting awareness of clinical research and assists with the enrollment of patients in clinical research studies (as known as - clinical trials). Candidates must demonstrate the ability to recruit clinical trial patients, as well as attend health fairs, brand the company locally, and meet enrollment goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Company’s clinical research studies as well as the diagnoses and medical terminology that is involved in each study. Responsible for understanding the protocols and exclusions and a comprehensive understanding of each trial being conducted.
- Establishing rapport and ensuring courteous and efficient service is provided to callers, site locations and all customers including but not limited to the patients, subjects, potential subjects, doctors, pharmaceutical sponsors, and all levels within the company;
- Responsible for overall daily recruitment activities on all assigned enrolling protocols, which includes:
- Conducting outgoing recruitment calls and answers inbound calls; Goal is to complete 80-120 calls per day.
- Conducting subject screening by identifying the patient’s diagnosis and exclusion factors to ensure correct placement in a study;
- Review patient charts utilizing various EMR platforms, determine patient study eligibility criteria and prescreen all patients prior to appointments
- Matching potential patients’ needs to current studies, upcoming studies or log in data base for future studies;
- Scheduling qualified subjects.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the database which includes:
- Tracking clinical trial progress and timeliness;
- Reviewing screen sheets as they are forwarded to the sites and triaging participants into the appropriate studies;
- Maintaining the status of all subjects in the database
- Adhere to an IRB approved protocol.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, prioritize and manage work effectively and provide exceptional customer service.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Experience working with EMR’s preferred
- An Associate's degree and a minimum of 1 years of experience in a healthcare setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required. Clinical research or patient recruiting experience strongly preferred. Data entry experience is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word) and Web applications;
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently as well as with co-workers, peers, supervisors and external customers; Outgoing personality and ability to engage with people a must
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously with precision and adapt to changes in responsibilities and workloads;
- Must be professional, possess a high degree of urgency and self-motivation, and have a strong work ethic;
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality with HIPAA guidelines, patient matters and other sensitive information.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work a minimum of 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. More in-depth information can be found in SOP's, working guidelines, policies, etc.
Elligo is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Elligo are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Elligo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. In addition, Elligo will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.