- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Legal
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 09/15/2023
- Website: www.axuall.com
- Company Address: 724 Prospect Ave, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About AxuallBuilt with leading healthcare systems, Axuall is a workforce intelligence company built on top of a national real-time practitioner data network. Axuall empowers healthcare leaders to make better and faster decisions to meet patient demand, improve economic efficiencies, and reduce provider burnout.
Built with leading healthcare systems, Axuall is a workforce intelligence company built on top of a national real-time practitioner data network. It enables healthcare systems, staffing firms, telehealth, and health plans to dramatically reduce onboarding and enrollment time while also providing unique, powerful data insights for network planning, analytics, and reporting. Its network streamlines the secure sharing of digitally verified credentials between clinicians, authorized verifiers, and organizations that require this information quickly and continuously to meet patient demand, ensure clinical coverage, and maximize revenue capture.
In 2023, Axuall closed its series B round of financing, bringing its total capital raised to more than $41 million. Axuall's investors and the organizations they represent comprise over two dozen of the nation's leading healthcare organizations that recognize the imperative to improve clinical workforce efficiency amidst significant economic and staffing challenges. Axuall intends to scale its team rapidly in 2023/2024 as it expands its customer base and develops new products that leverage its national network.
About the Role
You will be the primary point of contact and owner of all things legal within Axuall supporting commercial contracting, providing guidance on internal and external legal affairs and managing corporate compliance requirements. You will be the legal Subject Matter Expert working closely with outside counsel, Sales and the leadership team. You will be the key team member that the company can rely on for all outbound and inbound legal agreements, data privacy, partnership management, and employee management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a strong track record of performance within the past five years in the following duties and responsibilities:
- Take ownership of all internal legal operations as well as own the relationship with outside legal counsel.
- Provide comprehensive general legal services including IP protection, complex contract review, drafting and preparing legal documents for clients and partners, and evaluating risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Collaborating with leadership to establish repeatable legal processes and strategies to accelerate new customer acquisition.
- Oversee privacy and compliance for the company.
- Keep up with healthcare industry and security guidelines that relate to the Axuall product portfolio, such as SOC2, HIPAA, HiTrust etc.
- Support Axuall data source partnerships to include the review, negotiations, and management of all contracts, and assist with data partner development opportunities.
- Actively enable additional stakeholders in Sales, Customer Success and related teams to be effective and efficient in contractual negotiations.
- Keep up to date on changes in regulations, legislation, and market expectations related to privacy and data protection laws.
Qualifications for Candidacy
Candidates must demonstrate experience, results, and references in the following areas:
- 5+ years of in-house legal experience in a SaaS, cloud computing, enterprise software, or big data based environments.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with commercial transactions including but not limited to: negotiating complex technology-related/SaaS agreements, software licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, Intellectual Property, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in the management, structuring, and negotiations of data partner and channel partner relationships.
- Strong understanding of Healthcare compliance standards as well as the ability to facilitate training to all internal employees of these findings.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Experience with selecting and managing Contract Management systems is a plus.