- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 03/17/2023
- Website: redcanary.com
- Company Address: 1601 19th St, Denver, CO, 80202
- Salary Range: $220,000 - $220,000
About Red CanaryRed Canary was founded to make security better. We defend hundreds of organizations around the world, with customers ranging from global Fortune 100s to 100-endpoint organizations.
Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber threats. We’re a cyber security company who protects, supports and empowers organizations to make better security decisions so they can focus on their mission without fear of cyber threats.
The combination of our market-defining technology and expertise prevents breaches every day and sets a new standard for partnership in the industry. We’re united in our commitment to customers and grounded in our values, which earned us a place on the Forbes Best Start-up Employers 2022 list. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk.
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
We are looking for an experienced Sales Engineering Manager to lead a team of sales engineers focused on all of our market segments, commercial, mid-market, enterprise, and named opportunities. Our Sales Engineering Managers are customer facing, possess technical prowess, and focus on enabling and empowering their teams to be successful. Candidates should have experience leading teams of sales engineers, have prior experience as a sales engineer, and a track record of being involved in complex customer deals. We prefer a background in cyber security and/or SaaS.
What You'll Do
- You will coach, enable and empower a team of experienced Sales Engineers
- Partner with Recruiting and HR to attract, hire and retain top talent to support our rapid growth
- Coach an outstanding Sales Engineering team to deliver against assigned goals
- Lead individual and team performance, ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to maintain high levels of performance
- Strengthen the team by setting shared goals, information sharing, and establishing mentoring relationships
- Ramp newer members of the team on rules of engagement, building a relationship with their sales colleagues, technical training, and empowering them to become self-sufficient
- Develop and mentor your team to help them achieve their career goals
- A proven track record in sales
- Active part of critical issues and resolving customer challenges
- Engage with customers and help formulate strategies for target accounts
- Evangelize the Red Canary vision to customers and prospects at all levels, from technical to C-suite
- Partner with other groups to help us continue our tradition of an outstanding customer experience and industry leading customer retention
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong management consulting skills to influence thinking or gain acceptance of multiple customer constituencies
- Work to improve the Red Canary sales methodology and processes effectively, including development of product presentations and demonstrations tailored to suit the level and nature of the audience
- Assess gaps in evolving training needs and then create and implement programs to improve sales, product and technology skills of the Sales Engineering team
- Work with Sales Leadership on account planning, strategy and sales call activity
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly field sales, product management and marketing
- Be a great partner with product teams & decision makers both internally and externally
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of experience leading sales engineering teams, ideally in the cyber security industry, or a tenured sales engineer with experience as technical lead
- Strong, related technical background in cyber security -- such as endpoint, network security, incident response, or related subject areas
- Proven track record of mentoring and developing team members and guiding them to success
- Solid sales competence, and ability to partner with account teams to drive new customer sales as well as add-on revenue
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and develop talent
- You can thrive in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Ability to work independently, adapt quickly and maintain a positive attitude
- Proven track record to command a room, lead sophisticated technical and business conversations with C-suite executives, as well as technical staff
Targeted Compensation Range: $220,000 OTE (uncapped commission + equity)
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.