- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: plextrac.com
- Company Address: 110 Main Street, Boise, ID, 83702
- Salary Range: $101,200 - $194,800
About PlexTracPlexTrac's mission is to empower and equip every security professional to identify and accomplish the right security work.
PlexTrac, Inc. is a cybersecurity company on a mission to empower security teams to identify and eliminate the biggest threats to their environments. The PlexTrac platform enables the automated reporting and tracking of cybersecurity risks and allows for enhanced collaboration across the enterprise. PlexTrac takes purple teaming to the next level and is changing the paradigm around continuous security assessment and validation. This innovative approach has allowed PlexTrac to gain significant traction among companies and teams of all sizes, including several of the Fortune 500.
Having recently closed a $70 million Series B funding round as of February 2022, PlexTrac is poised for exponential growth and is seeking top notch talent for strategic roles to join the team. Candidates interested in leveraging extensive professional experience to build innovative programs around a new concept in the cybersecurity market and who love working in a fast-paced, energetic start-up environment should apply!
PlexTrac Mission and Culture is to empower teams to win the right cybersecurity battles. PlexTrac is culturally a mission-oriented organization, by which we mean that we seek to make the lives of our customers better knowing that their improved efficiency and effectiveness has a direct impact on the security of our world. Likewise, we seek to improve the lives of our employees by creating a workplace in which they can flourish professionally and personally. We are flexible, creative, collaborative, detail oriented, humble, hard workers who practice what we preach. Those attributes in our team members lead to and are rewarded with a fast-paced, never boring, fun loving work environment — whether we are physically or virtually present with one another.
Our core values describe us as humans and leaning into them is how we define success:
- Integrity with accountability
- Service drives profits
- Aggressive innovation
- Positively impact people
Currently looking to scale our team and platform capabilities, we are actively seeking a Senior Software Engineer. As a Senior Software Engineer you will engage directly with Product and Engineering management, development teams, technical delivery teams, and vendors to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of technology-based solutions.. This is an experienced technologist role who can bring their knowledge to bear on solving problems for our customers, and our Product and Engineering organization. To be successful as a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to help drive the software change and release management processes, and assist with the overall maturity of the software development lifecycle. Ultimately, as a senior member of the engineering team you will help ensure that software deliverables comply with quality standards and are completed on time.
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing content supply portfolio of applications and services
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the Software stack
- Examine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions
- Remain current on new technologies and available vendor packages; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities
- Identify process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of programming experience
- Experience in React.js, TypeScript, Couchbase DB, Postgres, Redis, Python, GoLang, Digital Ocean and/or GCP a plus
- API development experience a plus
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and review of unique complex technological issues
- Excellent logical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee others
- Ability to exercise discretion and unsupervised judgment in the performance of duties
- Competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work schedule - WFH, WFO
- Flexible Time Off
- World Class Culture
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD [$101,200] to [$194,800] per year. PlexTrac utilizes different base pay ranges for different work localities, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently based on their home market. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the specific applicable base pay range will depend on the candidate’s work location. In addition to a candidate’s work location, an individual’s base pay will also depend on a number of factors, such as complexity and responsibility of the posted role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At PlexTrac, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus and equity options. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits listed here vary depending on the nature of employment the Company and the employee’s work location. Employees also have access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, employee-paid short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, uncapped time-off, and several paid holidays.
PlexTrac provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you require assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruitment process, please send a request via email to HR@plextrac.com.