- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 03/07/2023
- Website: www.allervie.com
- Company Address: 5830 Granite Pkwy #100-243, Plano, TX 75024
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About AllerVie HealthBringing relief and renewed vitality to those affected with allergies, asthma, and other immunological disorders.
At AllerVie Health, our team members are unified around our mission to help patients achieve and maintain optimal health and quality of life - free from the symptoms and suffering of allergies, asthma, and related immunological conditions. From our physician and clinical roles to our administrative and operational support roles and everything in between - we change lives for the better - giving people their lives, health, and vitality back in real, tangible ways. We live every day on mission and wake up excited to tackle new challenges and provide people with health solutions.
When you join AllerVie, you join a crucial workforce that provides meaningful care and service to our allergy patients. We value the knowledge and experience you bring to AllerVie and we reward your efforts and dedication with a competitive compensation and benefits offering that allow you to offer your best to our patients. These benefits include the following for full-time employees (scheduled 30+ hours weekly):
- Eligible for benefits the first of the following month after date of hire
- (3) major medical plan offerings
- Dental and vision plan offerings
- Supplemental benefit offerings: accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, short-term and long-term disability, supplemental life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care spending plans
- Company paid benefits: $50K basic life and AD&D insurance, Teladoc plan for employee and dependents at no cost, Employee Assistance Program to include work/life balance resources and counseling
- 401k Plan with VOYA after 6 months of AllerVie employment. Company match of 100% of the first 3% of employee contributions. 50% for the next 2% of employee contributions.
- Generous paid time off that increases with years of service
- Paid holidays
Performs a wide range of administrative duties including referral processing, verification of benefits, insurance authorizations, patient appointment scheduling, patient registration, and medical records.
- Completing referral requests as needed and in a timely manner.
- Faxing and sending medical records from various departments for processing
- Responsible for the tracking, coordination, and communication of patient referrals
- Ensures complete and accurate patient registration, including demographics and current insurance information.
- Assembles information concerning patients’ clinical backgrounds and referral needs.
- Contacts insurance companies to ensure prior authorization approval requirements are met.
- Reviews details of referral with the potential patient
- Assists patients in problem-solving potential issues related to financial or social barriers (e.g., request interpreters as appropriate, transportation services, etc.)
- Communication with referral sources to ensure patient information/ registration is complete.
- Obtain necessary medical records for patient appointments.
- Input Medical records into the patient’s chart.
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Previous work experience as a Referral Coordinator or similar role
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Able to take and follow through with delegated tasks and accountability
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to lift up to 10 pounds at a time
AllerVie Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.