- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: company.findhelp.com
- Company Address: 3616 Far West Blvd, Suite 117-454, Austin, TX, 78731
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About FindHelpThe leading technology for connecting people to social care, findhelp seamlessly operates with existing systems. It includes thousands of up-to-date services available in every zip code, searchable at any time.
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
This is a remote role and open to anyone within the United States (all work must be done in the US).
The salary range for this role is $60,000 to $108,000; however, Findhelp considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education and training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and a stock option package to all our employees.
As a software engineer at findhelp, you will help grow our platform which knits together our system of social-services nationwide. You will be on a cross-functional development team working across the aisle with others in
teams and departments to produce the highest quality product for those who use our system.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within a team and across team to accomplish our mission of helping others
- Consistently write quality code with the end user in mind
- Architect for robustness, extensibility, scale, sustainability, & security
- Provide quality feedback in code reviews and willing to pair on coding tasks
- Someone who works to understand the user’s story to design intuitive experiences
- Own work from inception to delivery, and beyond.
- Refactor legacy code as you create new features
Who You Are:
- You make commitments and keep them
- Someone who knows how to generalize a feature to widen the impact
- Someone who knows how to iterate on a feature to keep delivery consistent
- Comfortable working independently in a complex Python codebase
- Comfortable scaling up on Python if you haven’t worked on it before
- Interested in mentoring and fostering individual growth
- Able to communicate technical needs and solutions to product partners
Experience You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years working as a professional software developer
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Preferred experience in Python and ReactJS
- Good understanding of SQL, ORMs, and non-relational databases
- Understanding of web performance strategies and metrics
- Preferred GCP experience, but other cloud experience welcome
- Experience with or a strong understanding of micro services
Perks at findhelp
- 401k & stock options
- Free food and onsite gym
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Pet-friendly office with attached dog park
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time