- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 09/17/2023
- Website: getinsured.com
- Company Address: 1305 Terra Bella Avenue, Mountain View, CA, 94043
About GetInsuredWe are a company on a mission to improve the way people shop for and enroll in health insurance. And we’re building world-class cloud-based software to bring the public health sector along with us.
*ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS NATIONWIDE*
Hi. Wer'e GetInsured, the market leader in SaaS-based state-based health insurance exchanges (the fastest-growing segment of health insurance delivery). In other words, we help people get insured millions, in fact. While our mission has always been to make finding and enrolling in health insurance simple, our vision has grown. We're expanding our pioneering SaaS model to public health and safety net services, not just state health insurance platforms. That means there are millions more across the country that we can have an impact on. As our vision grows, so does our team. We're looking for people who are passionate about what they do to join our crew, comprised of founders, technology leaders, former exchange directors, CIOs, and policy staff, to name a few.
GetInsured is looking for a Senior Revenue/General Ledger Accountant on our finance team.
- Own the company revenue accounting and related policy to ensure it is effective, adhered to, and up-to-date with U.S. GAAP, and that the company is compliant with all applicable rules, regulations, and laws.
- Conduct research on accounting literature and partner with key functional business teams to collect information pertaining to non-routine complex revenue and lease accounting transactions. Prepare technical accounting memos on these transactions.
- Maintain and balance sub accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Prepare accruals and account reconciliations to support recorded balances and track activity
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that business transactions are appropriately accounted for.
- Maintain Company compliance and support annual registration process with 50 states
- Work closely with our auditors to drive conclusions on complex accounting issues. Build a strong and effective professional relationship with our external auditors to ensure effective coordination of quarter-end review and year-end audit activities.
- Assist with the timely execution and review of month-end and quarter-end close activities (including, but not limited to: deal review, account reconciliation, analysis, and reporting).
- Assess new accounting pronouncements to determine their impact on the company and drive the implementation.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: 3+ years of public accounting and/or relevant industry experience.
- Strong technical accounting skills in ASC 606 (multiple-element arrangements).
- Previous experience in lessor accounting (ASC 842) is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of departments, follow through on commitments, and manage the progress of projects effectively is critical to be effective in this role.
- Strong analytical skills, project management, team building, process management skills.
- Ability to work productively in a dynamic environment and be a solutions-oriented team player
- Certified Public Accountant or working towards such designation (Preferred).
- Experience with enterprise accounting systems, such as Netsuite is a plus.
What We Offer
Positions within the company that allow you to make an immediate impact. Our teams are reshaping rapidly growing and evolving market segments. You will ultimately help craft the companys next success story. We're a well-funded and stable private company. GetInsured is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Opportunity to work remotely
- A knowledgeable, dedicated, and experienced team
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- 401k match
- Stock options
- Yearly Education allowance
- Charitable contribution matching
- A competitive base salary (geography/location and experience may impact compensation)
$75,000.00 - $116,700.00 Salary/year