- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 01/22/2023
- Website: www.elligohealthresearch.com
- Company Address: 11612 Bee Cave Rd, Austin, Texas, 78738, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Elligo Health ResearchElligo Health Research is a healthcare-enabling research company. It provides physicians and their patients the opportunity to participate in clinical trials using health care informatics. The company offers a technology platform that provides multi therapeutic and geographic reach, enabling access to a range of physicians and patients.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for overall technical design, delivery, and support for 3 products within our clinical research software portfolio. This includes our flagship product, IntElligo, a web application used to facilitate clinical trials with over 500 users in healthcare clinics across the country. This role requires hands-on leadership, directly managing between 6-8 software engineers and influencing a larger offshore team. Some periodic individual contributions are also often necessary in our fast-paced environment.
The Director of Engineering will quickly gain an understanding of our existing codebase powering our current set of applications, help drive productivity of various engineering teams, and ensure new solutions meet technical and business expectations. He or she will partner with product management leadership and key internal business stakeholders to drive products forward, serve as the escalation point for technical challenges, and spend some portion of time developing complex new features in our Agile environment.
Senior Devops Engineer
Senior Software Engineer, Patient Engagement
- Technical design – Craft robust solutions for new features and the improvement or refactoring of the existing applications and database platforms.
- Technical mentorship - Dive deep into a technical task and provide in-depth recommendations on best design and coding practices to team members.
- Deliver results – Drive scrum team productivity, remove roadblocks, organize sprint demos, provide solid technical options to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Production support – Serve as escalation point for resolution of key technical issues.
- Development – Build solutions inside IntElligo for a select set of user stories.
- Agility – Move quickly and deliver results within a fast paced, agile software development environment.
- Collaborate with technical team – Work effectively with software engineers, QA engineers, UX designers, and Technical Leads from our offshore development partner on daily / weekly basis.
- Collaborate with business team – Work effectively with product management and key stakeholders on daily / weekly basis.
- Subject Matter Expert – Serve as product technical SME during partnership, investor, and any new business opportunities or discussions.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent job experience.
- 7+ years as full stack software engineer, developing and support web applications.
- Prior experience managing technical staff.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL.
- SQL experience, query optimization and database schema design.
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team.
- Ability to work independently in a self-motivated manner.
- Knowledge of AWS services, including ECS, EKS, S3, Lambda and SQS/SNS.
- Experience ingesting, storing, validating, and transforming data in a consumable format.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Prior Healthcare related experience a plus.
- Agile software development experience a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the facilities.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Minimal travel is required for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. More in-depth information can be found in SOP's, working guidelines, policies, etc.
Elligo is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Elligo are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Elligo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. In addition, Elligo will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.