- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: www.allervie.com
- Company Address: 5830 Granite Pkwy #100-243, Plano, TX 75024
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About AllerVie HealthBringing relief and renewed vitality to those affected with allergies, asthma, and other immunological disorders.
At AllerVie Health, our team members are unified around our mission to help patients achieve and maintain optimal health and quality of life -- free from the symptoms and suffering of allergies, asthma, and related immunological conditions. From our physician and clinical roles to our administrative and operational support roles and everything in between — we change lives for the better — giving people their lives, health, and vitality back in real, tangible ways. We live every day on mission and wake up excited to tackle new challenges and provide people with health solutions.
The Medical Assistant assists care teams in obtaining a comprehensive medical history of patients, reconciling medications, and appropriately documenting the electronic medical record. This position requires competency and knowledge of general allergy practice, procedures, and medications, and assists with allergy testing, diagnosis, treatment, and immunotherapy. This role operates in a team-based environment with a shared goal of providing safe and equitable care to all patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic medical terminology
- Knowledge of and demonstrates appropriate technique for obtaining vital signs to include Ht/Wt. BP, Pulse, RR, Temp, and O2 saturation
- Obtain spirometry and Niox testing on patients demonstrating appropriate technique and patient coaching
- Competency and knowledge of general allergy practice, procedures, and medications. Understands the process of testing, diagnosis, treatment, and immunotherapy
- Keep exam rooms well stocked and clean
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner with the Department Lead and/or the appropriate members of the management team as needed for clinical, supply, HR, facilities, or billing matters
- Display a high level of professionalism in patient/parent interactions, adhering to HIPAA. Provide anticipatory guidance as to visit flow for patients upon triage
- Ability to appropriately document activities in EMR
- Other duties as directed
Education and Experience:
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- Previous experience working with patients in a medical setting preferred
- Detail oriented with excellent computer skills
- Well-groomed appearance
- The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
AllerVie Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.