- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 01/22/2023
- Website: www.elligohealthresearch.com
- Company Address: 11612 Bee Cave Rd, Austin, Texas, 78738, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Elligo Health ResearchElligo Health Research is a healthcare-enabling research company. It provides physicians and their patients the opportunity to participate in clinical trials using health care informatics. The company offers a technology platform that provides multi therapeutic and geographic reach, enabling access to a range of physicians and patients.
The Senior Salesforce Administrator will be working as part of a growing team of individuals that delivers excellent digital products and experiences to clients, stakeholders, and end users. This individual will work with internal product management and cross-functional teams and is responsible for building, testing, deploying and supporting features on our Salesforce platform. This role is critical to leading Elligo in building and maintaining a best-in-class CRM to support the needs of our fast-growing clinical research company. This senior administrator role owns risk mitigation, technical debt reduction, quality assurance, and project support in production and sandbox environments for Salesforce.
Successful candidates will have a strong sense of ownership, detail-oriented approach, enjoy driving internal customer projects to successful completion, and can effectively communicate in both technical and business-oriented settings.
- Project work:
- Be able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Lead discussions around feasibility and timelines for projects.
- Lead the solution design for given projects.
- Work with Product Managers to prioritize the backlog of work.
- Administration work:
- Design and implement user profiles, page layouts, permission sets, and role hierarchies to support functional needs and Salesforce best practices.
- Own the deployment process between sandbox environments and into production using structured and documented change sets.
- Organize and execute sandbox management policies including refresh cycles, user provisioning, and project support.
- Collaborate with business teams and Salesforce Developers to ensure safe and secure environments for development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and deployment.
- Establish a technical debt reduction roadmap using the Salesforce Optimizer report, customized health and security evaluations, and experience-based instinct and intuition.
- Advise and execute data design in support of small and large projects.
- Develop and contribute to documentation and process improvements.
- Set and follow best practices for Salesforce administration and standards.
- Create Custom Report Types and custom reports and dashboards in Salesforce and Tableau.
- Perform data mapping, loading and extraction work as necessary.
- Support work:
- Respond to and resolve bugs and issues raised by internal and external users.
- Support user provisioning including license management and the deployment of auto-provisioning using Okta.
- Broadly communicate with stakeholders including scheduled production releases, outages, and other relevant events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field of study from an accredited college or university; In lieu of education, 7+ years of experience will be required
- Salesforce Administrator Certification required; Advanced Administrator Certification preferred
- 5+ years of Salesforce administration experience including:
- Administration: Salesforce Classic and Lightning with tools referenced in job responsibilities above.
- Reporting: Salesforce and Tableau
- Project Management Methodology: Agile methodology, JIRA
- Documentation: Release notes, Wikis and Confluence
- Good presentation and leadership skills.
- Experience with the following is preferred but not required:
- HIPAA and GDPR Compliance
- Software validation
- Clinical research or healthcare industries
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, and phones.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Little travel is required for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. More in-depth information can be found in SOP's, working guidelines, policies, etc.
Elligo is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Elligo are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Elligo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. In addition, Elligo will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.