- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 01/22/2023
- Website: www.elligohealthresearch.com
- Company Address: 11612 Bee Cave Rd, Austin, Texas, 78738, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Elligo Health ResearchElligo Health Research is a healthcare-enabling research company. It provides physicians and their patients the opportunity to participate in clinical trials using health care informatics. The company offers a technology platform that provides multi therapeutic and geographic reach, enabling access to a range of physicians and patients.
Elligo Health Research is seeking Nurse Coordinator to join our Research Operations Decentralized Trials group. This position supports Elligo projects by triaging patient calls and reviewing medical records/safety data for a large decentralized clinical trial. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to review protected health information (PHI), ensure completeness and communicate with patients and Elligo medical directors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate knowledge of the Company’s clinical research studies as well as the diagnoses and medical terminology that is involved in the study.
· Responsible for understanding the protocol, inclusion/exclusion criteria and a comprehensive understanding of trial being conducted.
· Establishing rapport, ensuring courteous and efficient service to all stakeholders, (i.e., Sponsor, partner organizations, study participants, Elligo colleagues).
· Demonstrate medical knowledge to effectively triage incoming patient calls and/or answer patients’ questions, identify, and escalate priority issues
· Support the medical records team in patient chart reviews
· Support patient outreach for DCT’s and development of patient facing scripts
· Provide safety review of clinical trial data with the oversight of the Elligo central PI
· Develops rapport with study managers, site staff and Investigators to provide ongoing study support
· May participate in local site training and Business Development activities
· Develop and maintain a medical coding library, medication list library and medical indication training library in collaboration with other medical team members
· Document all call information according to SOPs and GCPs
· Ability to navigate EHR and have familiarity with EMR
Education & Experience:
- RN/MSN or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a healthcare setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of HIPAA privacy and security laws around PHI
- Clinical research experience strongly preferred
- Ability to strategically think through a process and make quick decisions
- Quick learner and resourceful, able to quickly learn a new system.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong computer skills and experience working with MS Office software, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Team player
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. More in-depth information can be found in SOP's, working guidelines, policies, etc.
Elligo is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Elligo are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Elligo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. In addition, Elligo will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.