- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: www.allervie.com
- Company Address: 5830 Granite Pkwy #100-243, Plano, TX 75024
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About AllerVie HealthBringing relief and renewed vitality to those affected with allergies, asthma, and other immunological disorders.
The Biologics Assistant works to complete the daily tasks for the department. This role is a support team member for the biologics team. This position operates in a team-based environment providing support for all members of the biologics team as well as the AllerVie Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete follow up checks on the status of enrollments, prior authorizations, and prescriptions
- Assist with enrollments and prior authorizations as directed by the Biologics Manager
- Assist with completing schedule checks weekly and as directed by the Biologics Manager
- Coordinate shipments with multiple specialty pharmacies
- Send prescriptions accurately and timely
- Review and understand benefit investigation reports
- Maintain up to date authorization tracker
- Answer and/or return all calls for biologics
- Sort incoming faxes for biologics and complete fax request by prioritizing request then complete request accurately in a timely manner
- Maintain up to date biologic patient list
- Stay up to date on insurance policies and drug PI as it relates to biologics
- Serve as a liaison between the providers, clinic staff, manufacturer hubs, and patients
- Monitor inventory levels for buy and bill and samples at each location
- Prepare reports as requested
- Attend and contribute to departmental meetings
- Report complex biologic issues within a timely manner to the Biologics Manager
- Complete all task as directed
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Goal- oriented and results-driven
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Accountability and adaptability
- Excellent relationship building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Excitement and passion for healthcare and being part of a team
- Desire to be a key contributor to an energetic and passionate team
- A reputation for discretion, integrity, judgement, responsiveness, strong attention to detail and common sense
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Employees’ vision and hearing must be normal or corrected to normal.
Privacy and Security Regulations:
- The employee has access to all sections of the medical record.
- Patient information is to be held strictly confidential. Any employee who uses or discloses patient information for any purpose not related to the performance of employee’s job responsibilities or essential functions will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
- Any patient information obtained while an employee of this medical practice shall remain confidential except to the extent allowed in this policy and procedure and as part of the employee’s job description.
- Employee will discuss any questions or concerns they have with the Privacy Officer. Any employee, who is not sure whether certain patient information should be released, will not release the information until discussing the circumstances with the Privacy Officer.
- In the event it is discovered patient information may have been used or disclosed inappropriately, every employee is expective to notify the Privacy Officer. Immediate and proper steps may be taken to mitigate/minimize any HIPAA adverse effect on the patient.
- Employee will not face retribution solely for reporting suspected misuse or inappropriate disclosure of patient information to the Privacy Officer. Should an employee have concerns about reporting possible misuse or inappropriate disclosure to the Privacy Officer, he/she may make the report to Human Resources.
- Employee will be trained at appropriate intervals on, and reminded of, the importance of privacy and security and his/her responsibilities under the policies and procedures related to privacy and security.
AllerVie Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.