- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 01/22/2023
- Website: www.elligohealthresearch.com
- Company Address: 11612 Bee Cave Rd, Austin, Texas, 78738, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Elligo Health ResearchElligo Health Research is a healthcare-enabling research company. It provides physicians and their patients the opportunity to participate in clinical trials using health care informatics. The company offers a technology platform that provides multi therapeutic and geographic reach, enabling access to a range of physicians and patients.
This role will be involved with providing support to the FMS department on all needs related to financial matters including revenue recognition and timely, accurate Site client invoicing, Pass-through Expenses, and Investigator Payments. They will be responsible for the management and accuracy of Site related accounts receivable as well as reconciling Investigator Payments against those billed to the sponsor/CRO for accuracy and completeness.
Contracts: To be aware of all financial Contract Terms for assigned Studies including MSA, Work Orders, Clinical Trial Agreements, and Amendments.
- Understand the contract financial impact for each study.
- Participate in the development of Site client budgets for each study
- Participate in hand-off meetings for all new awards.
- Review the budget and cost according to contractual terms in CTMS system. Ensure any contract amendments are properly updated.
- Complete final reconciliation when Site has completed the study.
- Responsible for managing simple Sites
- Responsible for preparing timely and accurate invoicing.
- Responsible for revenue recognition including identifying monthly entries needed to be entered into General Ledger.
- Review or audit Site progress to verify billed revenue accuracy.
Account Receivable: Responsible for management and accuracy of Site related accounts receivable.
- Assist with Site Accounts Receivable to ensure timely payments by customers. Track payment terms and invoiceable items.
- Perform customer/Site account reconciliations as needed. Make any necessary adjustments to the General Ledger .
- Address invoicing issues with internal and external customers with assistance from manager.
- Assure Customer Billing or A/R files are organized and adequate for audit purposes.
Monthly Site Review Meetings: Prepare for and attend all monthly Site review teleconferences for the assigned Sites studies or as requested.
- Prepare all needed reports and financial data.
- Review the FMS reports for financial accuracy and any changes that affect the financial aspects of the Site.
- Review Aging invoices for assigned Sites.
- Review Unbilled balances for assigned Sites.
- Assist with monthly cash applications.
- Track patient stipends issued by study. Ensure stipends are allocated to the Sites and are invoiced to the customer properly.
- Reconcile Pass Through Revenue accounts with its corresponding expense account for Patient Stipends, Investigator/Site Payments, and Pass-Through expenses.
- Track actual PT costs against budgeted costs. Verify accuracy and compliance to contract for all PT costs.
- Learn and utilize CTMS system for reporting, tracking, and generating sponsor and investigator/site payments.
- Learn and utilize NetSuite for invoicing and reporting.
- Assist in Finance/Accounting Department on an ad-hoc basis in particular during month end accounting close process.
- Make recommendations and implement same for improvements to all processes and systems as is needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information as appropriate.
- Provide requested information as needed for internal and external audit requests.
- Provide reports as requested by Finance Executives, Directors, and Managers.
QUALIFICATION AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors in science – Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent experience
- Experience as Site Accountant with clinical research experience preferred
- Knowledge of Site or job cost systems or reporting, company or departmental accounting, reconciliations, reimbursable tracking, budgeting, and analysis
- Knowledge of general accounting processes a plus
- Detail oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Works well with team
- Organized, workload management
- Timeline/deadline tracking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- CTMS (Clinical Trail Management System) experience a plus
- NetSuite experience a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Minimal (less than 10%) travel is required for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. More in-depth information can be found in SOP's, working guidelines, policies, etc.
Elligo is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Elligo are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Elligo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. In addition, Elligo will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.