- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: upwardhealth.com
- Company Address: Rising Sun Mills, 188 Valley Street, Suite 201, Providence, RI, 02909
About UpwardHealthUpward Health is a home-based medical group specializing in primary medical and behavioral care for individuals with complex needs.
Upward Health is a home-based medical group specializing in primary medical and behavioral care for individuals with complex needs. We serve patients throughout their communities, and we diagnose, treat, and prescribe anywhere our patients call home. We reduce barriers to care such as long delays due to scheduling. We see patients when they need us, for as much time as they need, bringing care to them. Beyond medical supports, we also assist our patients with challenges that may affect their health, such as food insecurity, social isolation, housing needs, transportation and more. It’s no wonder 98% of patients report being fully satisfied with Upward Health!
Upward Health provides technology-enabled, integrated, and coordinated care delivery services that improve outcomes and reduce costs for patients with severe behavioral health diagnoses and co-morbid, chronic physical conditions. We are not your typical medical practice. At Upward Health, we see every day as an opportunity to make a difference in our patients' lives. We could tell you about our outcomes and patient satisfaction ratings. We could tell you about our commitment to our mission. Or, you could join us and experience it all for yourself.
The Care Team Pod is a multidisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed staff who provide direct support and care to Upward Health’s patients. The Care Team Pod is comprised of a diverse team that may include registered nurses, licensed social workers, pharmacists, therapists and paramedics, community health workers and peer support specialists. This team works within the community and in the patients’ homes or meet in agreed upon locations in the community.
Upward Health is looking for a Contract Family Nurse Practitioner. The position is responsible for providing real time monitoring for our patients with remote monitoring devices, performing primary care and urgent visits via our telehealth platform, and potential COVID testing for our patients. We provide training, malpractice insurance and an energetic team dedicated to providing the best possible care for our patients.
Key responsibilities for Nurse Practitioner, NP:
- Triage, diagnose, and treat patients at home or via our virtual care platform
- Function as day-to-day clinical leader, providing decision support, directing the multidisciplinary team
- Determine need for non-urgent and urgent visits in the patient’s home or virtually to avoid unnecessary ED visits and hospital admissions
- Provide a positive patient experience including quality of care recommended and tone/messaging with which care is delivered
- Coordinate with other physicians across the continuum of care, including PCP, hospitalist, and SNF providers to smooth transitions and prevent readmissions
- Participate in the on-call provider schedule to provide coverage for our 24/7 patient hotline as defined by clinical processes and procedures. This will require after hours and weekend availability via phone on a recurring basis.
Our ideal candidate for Nurse Practitioner, NP:
- Experience in providing urgent and emergent care, managing complex, polychronic patients
- Demonstrated expertise in caring for patients with high acuity and high probability for a rapid change in condition to effectively screen, monitor and treat a patient in their home
- Dedication to transforming care for patients wherever they call home
- Ability to support and provide clinical leadership to the multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written, computer, and oral communication skills - communicate with clinical team thoroughly and proactively
Key Competencies for Nurse Practitioner, NP:
- Ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years experience as a provider
- Ideal Candidate has Arizona Advanced Nursing License
- A valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
- Willingness to travel when necessary, responsibilities are mainly performed virtually
Upward Health is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
**We require all our employees to be vaccinated and to show proof of vaccination upon hire**