- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: upwardhealth.com
- Company Address: Rising Sun Mills, 188 Valley Street, Suite 201, Providence, RI, 02909
About UpwardHealthUpward Health is a home-based medical group specializing in primary medical and behavioral care for individuals with complex needs.
Upward Health is a home-based medical group specializing in primary medical and behavioral care for individuals with complex needs. We serve patients throughout their communities, and we diagnose, treat, and prescribe anywhere our patients call home. We reduce barriers to care such as long delays due to scheduling. We see patients when they need us, for as much time as they need, bringing care to them. Beyond medical supports, we also assist our patients with challenges that may affect their health, such as food insecurity, social isolation, housing needs, transportation and more. It’s no wonder 98% of patients report being fully satisfied with Upward Health!
Why Is This Role Critical?
The Manager, Clinical Operations is responsible for leading multidisciplinary teams, supporting one or more clients within a market, that provide community care in the home to high-risk, high-need patients.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of one or multiple Care Team(s) and reports to the Regional Director of Clinical Operations. The Manager, Clinical Operations participates in the hiring and onboarding of new clinical and non-clinical staff, and the continued professional development of all direct reports. This position ensures all Care Team members understand and adhere to established clinical protocols and processes. This position works with internal and external partners, local leadership, and centralized operational teams to deliver efficient, clinically compliant processes that result in a positive patient and provider experience. It is important this individual has experience working in a high-pressure environment, is familiar with triaging patients, care planning and transitions of care, and is highly driven by our mission of bringing excellent healthcare home to our patients.
The ideal candidate must be flexible and willing to work in an early-stage company delivering an innovative clinical model and program where the scope of services and protocols will evolve. This will be a dynamic environment that requires flexibility, dedication, and commitment to improve care for underserved and highest risk populations.
- Establishes appropriate clinical processes to drive new patient onboarding and assessments, care plan development, facilitated delivery of care, and patient reassessment, among other activities
- Measures and manages qualitative and quantitative key performance indicators by which the Care Team is measured
- Leads day to day management of Care Team, including highlight priorities and other outstanding issues to be addressed
- Monitors caseloads and adjusts assignments when appropriate and may serve in Care Specialist roles directly or as a mentor when indicated
- Leads daily clinical huddles and weekly interdisciplinary care team rounds utilizing and adhering to the established processes, communication pathways, and any patient follow-up is completed
- Cultivates a strong internal culture designed around coaching and collaboration
- Participates in the hiring process, leads clinical training, and performs competency review to ensure that the Upward Health clinical model is carried out on a day to day basis
- Monitors and manages key reporting metrics daily and meets with Leadership on a weekly basis regarding trends and action plans
- Collaborates with internal business partners to achieve and maintain adherence to all contractual service language agreements
- Supports the client(s) relationship within the market through clients meetings, reporting outcomes, and detailing any necessary remediation plans to improve performance as necessary
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulations, accreditation organizations and client requests
- Other duties, as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Management experience in a clinical operations environment
- Demonstrated track record of managing a high functioning, multidisciplinary team that produces successful outcomes
- Ability to effectively analyze data, make decisions and implement recommendations for improvement in a fast-paced environment on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Strong focus on culture and employee engagement with the ability to attract, manage, and develop staff of unmatched quality
- Interpersonal savvy, demonstrated by the ability to interact with and influence clients at all levels
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously
- The high sense of urgency and can-do attitude required for a role at a rapidly growing company.
- Excellent written, computer, and oral communication skills – will proactively and thoroughly communicate with other members of the team
- RN preferred, other clinical backgrounds considered with additional educational background in healthcare administration or policy
- Minimum of three (3) plus years of clinical staff management experience
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary care teams, including nurses, therapists, social workers, case managers
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Experience working with Medicare and Medicaid population preferred
- Certification in case management a plus
- Willing to travel throughout the market, and, on occasion, elsewhere in the US
- Experience with quality metrics for value-based care payment models or overall quality improvement programs preferred
- Experience with patient data tools preferred
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
**We require all of our employees to be vaccinated for Covid, and be able to show proof of vaccination upon hire**