- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: upwardhealth.com
- Company Address: Rising Sun Mills, 188 Valley Street, Suite 201, Providence, RI, 02909
About UpwardHealthUpward Health is a home-based medical group specializing in primary medical and behavioral care for individuals with complex needs.
Upward Health is a home-based medical group specializing in primary medical and behavioral care for individuals with complex needs. We serve patients throughout their communities, and we diagnose, treat, and prescribe anywhere our patients call home. We reduce barriers to care such as long delays due to scheduling. We see patients when they need us, for as much time as they need, bringing care to them. Beyond medical supports, we also assist our patients with challenges that may affect their health, such as food insecurity, social isolation, housing needs, transportation and more. It’s no wonder 98% of patients report being fully satisfied with Upward Health!
Upward Health provides technology-enabled, integrated, and coordinated care delivery services that improve outcomes and reduce costs for patients with severe behavioral health diagnoses and co-morbid, chronic physical conditions. We are not your typical medical practice. At Upward Health, we see every day as an opportunity to make a difference in our patients' lives. We could tell you about our outcomes and patient satisfaction ratings. We could tell you about our commitment to our mission. Or, you could join us and experience it all for yourself.
Why Is This Role Critical?
The Care Team Physician will partner with cross-functional teams and senior leaders to ensure that Upward Health leads the industry in innovative home and community-based care delivery and is considered an expert in the field of high-need, high-risk, high-utilizing patients. He/she should be a physician leader with a proven track record of innovation, achievement of measurable goals, and exceptional clinical competencies. He/she will take a proactive approach to the marketplace and our patients, both delivering care directly and providing clinical oversight to the members of our interdisciplinary Care Team.
The ideal candidate must be flexible and willing to work in an early-stage company on an innovative pilot program solution where the scope of services and protocols will evolve. This will be a dynamic environment that requires flexibility, dedication, and commitment to deliver and improve care for underserved populations.
- Provide clinical leadership for Upward Health’s local care delivery teams
- Collaborate with Clinical Team to ensure internal performance management and coordination of external relationship management
- Supervise local care team activity and provide regular utilization oversight
- Train local care team on key clinical issues
- Conduct peer-to-peer conversations for the clinical case reviews
- Manage relationships with partner providers in the community
- Maintain relationships with customers’ Chief Medical Officers
- Contribute to development of action plans and programs to implement strategic initiatives and tactics to address areas of concern and monitor progress toward goals
- Provide leadership and guidance to maximize clinical cost management through close coordination with contracting
- Regularly meet with Upward Health’s leadership to review care coordination issues, develop collaborative intervention plans, and share ideas about network management issues
- Provide input on local needs for Operations Team and Technology Team to enhance Upward Health’s products and services
Our ideal candidate:
- Doctor of Medicine degree from a recognized medical school program
- Must possess a current, unrestricted medical license in New York
- Minimum three years of experience practicing in a direct patient care environment, primary care or similar preferred
- Understanding of population-based medicine and addiction
- Strong business acumen, including working knowledge of current U. S. payer and provider landscape
- Must be able to positively interact with other clinicians, senior management, patients and their families, and all levels of medical and non-medical professionals
- The high sense of urgency and can-do attitude required
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills - will proactively and thoroughly communicate with other members of the team and seek input and guidance to solve tough problems
- Technical acumen with EMR system (Athena experience a plus)
- Willing to travel throughout Louisiana and, on occasion, elsewhere in the US
Upward Health is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce
**All employees are required to be vaccinated and be able to show proof upon hire **