- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: upwardhealth.com
- Company Address: Rising Sun Mills, 188 Valley Street, Suite 201, Providence, RI, 02909
About UpwardHealthUpward Health is a home-based medical group specializing in primary medical and behavioral care for individuals with complex needs.
Are you an entrepreneurial data engineer who loves data and reporting but also wants to be more involved in the day-to-day business operations of a company? Do you get excited by solving problems, analyzing trends, creating solutions and do you have a unique ability to create order out of chaos? If you answered yes to these questions, then Upward Health has the perfect job for you. We have a unique opportunity for an energetic, smart, business savvy individual who is looking to join an entrepreneurial healthcare company and help change the lives of the patients we serve. He or she will be a dynamic team player with an outgoing personality that understands the importance of collaboration and communication. We are looking for a hard worker who is detail oriented who is excited by the opportunity to work for a company that values and rewards hard work, but that also prioritizes rewarding that hard work and having fun.
If you are excited by the thought of using your skills positively affect how healthcare is delivered to patients, as well as the opportunity to join a rapidly growing, technology enabled healthcare company that values its employees and rewards excellent performance, then please apply to this job. You will be glad that you did.
- Develop highly scalable reporting, data integration and web service features for technology deliverables and provide enterprise-level architectural design and oversight.
- Develop, optimize and work with architects on data models for Data Warehouse and Operational databases.
- Analyze functional needs and design, develop, integrate, and test software to meet those needs.
- Design data integrations and analytics in accordance with architecture and security policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
- Create models and diagrams (such as flowcharts) that instruct other developers/programmers how integrations and data flows function.
- Document integrations, applications and system components as a reference for future maintenance and upgrades.
- Evaluate proposals to identify potential problem areas and make appropriate recommendations.
- Research technologies for possible placement/adoption into UH's back-end system.
- Ability to meet with users and business analysts to understand requirements, translate them into solutions and document technical designs.
- Supervise and/or implement technology projects and support the resulting features in a Production environment.
- Ability to test your code and provide quality deliverables.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Highly ambitious, given role will grow as the company does.
- Self-starter, very energetic and ability to change directions quickly.
- High standard of quality and commitment to product top-notch work.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Proficiency in Java, Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure services.
- Proficiency and experience developing and optimizing Structured Query Language (SQL) to analyze and query data for reporting.
- Proficiency in data modeling and database technologies.
- Experience integrating with SaaS systems using Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Proven ability to design and write web services/API code, micro services using API Frameworks and data structures (Rest, Json).
- Proven ability to design and develop ETL services using Azure Data Factory, experience with Talend a plus.
- Proven ability to design & develop services using Azure Functions and Azure Service Bus to build a scalable, pub/sub enterprise platform.
- Proven ability to develop services according to healthcare industry security standards.
- Knowledge of other Azure services a plus.
- Coding ability using Visual Studio and C# a plus.
- Strong curiosity, desire to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to work well with people of different backgrounds and skill sets.
- Ability to work independently and in a highly virtual environment, with colleagues all over the country.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends when required.
- Willingness to cover after-hours support when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from highly selective university
- Industry experience in healthcare
**All employees are required to be vaccinated and be able to show proof upon hire **