- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: upwardhealth.com
- Company Address: Rising Sun Mills, 188 Valley Street, Suite 201, Providence, RI, 02909
About UpwardHealthUpward Health is a home-based medical group specializing in primary medical and behavioral care for individuals with complex needs.
The Outreach Specialist (OS) plays a critical role at Upward Health. The OS is the first point of contact with our company for our patients. We count on the OS to make an excellent first impression and to be able to effectively communicate our service offering to patients. The goal of this role is to inform patients about our services and to help them get started. Our services are focused on improving a patient’s health, and the OS helps him or her take that first step.
The OS manages a caseload and utilizes a range of strategies to connect with our potential patients. Phone is our top strategy, and it’s important that our OS is comfortable and confident communicating by phone. There may be times that field-based approaches are utilized as well. The OS should be prepared to use whatever strategy is most effective. The OS reports to our Outreach Manager.
Applicants tend to be individuals who would describe themselves as a “people person.” You enjoy talking to new people – whether by phone or in person. You might have taken past roles in sales or retail to satisfy this interest. You also want to help others. You may even have past experience helping others with their health, whether through a previous job or in your personal life. You communicate well. You enjoy a fast-paced environment. You are flexible and like when each day is different. You are driven by reaching goals, and you like a challenge. We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Conduct direct outreach to patients via phone, in-person meetings, mailings, and other strategies
- Speak with patients about the role that Upward Health can play in helping them improve their health
- Enroll patients into Upward Health’s program and collect key data about patients during the enrollment process
- Manage a personal caseload of patients and ensure that each assigned patient is contacted using the most effective strategy
- On an as-needed basis, interact with enrolled patients to ensure ongoing engagement or to deliver additional community-based touchpoints
- Participate in weekly team meetings focused on ongoing education and improvement
- Accurate and timely documentation in our company‘s software system
Our ideal candidate:
- Ability to quickly establish trust and build a relationship with patients
- Ability to clearly communicate Upward Health’s service offering and value
- Active listening skills and genuine compassion for others
- Quick thinking and ability to respond to questions and objections
- Organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and meet established goals
- Enjoys collaboration within a team environment and working with people of different skills and experience
- Knowledge of community resources in the local market
- Able to maintain clear professional boundaries with patients and coworkers
- Commitment to represent the company with professionalism
- Demonstrates cultural competency and ability to work with diverse groups of community members
- Comfortable using computer for documentation, communication, and organizing work
- Must have reliable transportation to perform essential outreach functions
- Must be fluent in English. Spanish speaking a PLUS!
- Able to work flexible hours, including occasional night/weekend work
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with focus on those who have sales, healthcare, or past outreach experience.
- Verbal communication skills
- Dedication and resilience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Both independence and teamwork
- Solid computer skills
**All employees are required to be vaccinated and be able to show proof upon hire **