- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Operations
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: https://whitebox.com
- Company Address: 1010 Swan Creek Drive, Baltimore, MD, 21226
About WhiteboxWhitebox Technologies is a tech-enabled, end-to-end ecommerce solution that helps consumer brands list and market products as well as fulfill online orders. The Company helps clients list products on the most popular ecommerce channels, price competitively, drive product rankings and complete orders under increasingly short time demands.
Company Name: Whitebox Inc.
Job Title: Assistant Warehouse Manager - Prep
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Type of Degree/ Certification Required: High School
Reports to: AGM
Starting Pay Rate/ Salary:
Physical Demands: See below
The Assistant Managers are the owners of their department’s performance 24/7 across safety, quality, productivity & associate/customer/client satisfaction. They are the ones who should be most knowledgeable on what is working & what is not, they should be active coaches and excellent problem solvers. Their role as “player/coaches” should evolve over time to ensure a balance each day between managing & executing the steps to ship our product.
This individual will oversee the Inbound department for the entire warehouse. They are responsible for the kitting process, Transfer Orders, Amazon Shipments, any special prep projects for clients as well as overseeing the Returns process including VRETs from Amazon, RTS packages & RMAs to ensure all product is entering the building accurately. This individual will work closely with the dock clerk and the inbound process assistant will report directly to him/her. In addition this individual will oversee the kitting department and is responsible for the staffing and labor management of the associates.
· Scrub the open PO data studio table on a weekly basis to ensure all open POs in processing physically are correct virtually. Troubleshoot to rectify any virtual/physical mismatches
· Staffing any prep projects required for inventory replenishment in DTC or per client special projects (i.e. Slate Milk tray building, restocking of inventory, auditing of seals, etc.)
· Coordinate ordering of corrugated and non- inventory needs for the department with the warehouse manager to ensure associates have the supplies needed to complete their jobs
· Is there available PO work at the correct planned number of stations per the SOS plan?
· Ensure stations that will not be used during upcoming shift do not have work sitting stationed at them.
· Validate the priority system for PO’s in the kitting queue waiting to be worked
· Review the special inventory request sheet & Kitting Labor Planning sheet to identify any new requests that need to be worked today
· Review the IB Shipment log to understand any planned new receipts that may affect workload today
· Touch base with DTC peers to balance staffing needs
During the shift:
· Confirm prep and dock team are staffed to plan and communicate any deltas to the warehouse manager
· Partner with the dock clerk and inbound process assistant to audit and confirm received quantities are accurate throughout the shift of product. Product must also be physically sorted properly before leaving the dock and being stowed or sent to prep line
· Partner with dock clerk and inbound process assistant to ensure returns are processed properly and correctly in the RMA tool to ensure clients are charged accurate amount
· Create inbound Amazon shipments truck as needed. Coordinate this process with the dock clerk and the inbound process assistant
· Providing feedback to prep associates on errors that have been created via Amazon Inbound performance report
· Audit kitting team throughout the day to ensure proper pre procedures are being followed
· Monitor any problem PO’s being moved to STAG Problem and escalate to the AM/Support team for any help needed to resolve them
End of Shift Checks:
· Staffing Board fully completed for the next shift
· EOS Report has been completed and action plan in place for tomorrow
· Work from kitting stations that will not be staffed during next shift has been returned to kitting que or moved to a workstation that will be utilized next shift
· Any completed pallets are pulled and placed in the truck staging area
· There is no product sitting on the dock left to virtually and/or physically be received
· STAG Problem has been reviewed and there are no issues outstanding for the warehouse team to action
· 100% of Returns are processed and the PCInbound cart has been virtually & physically