- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Operations
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: https://whitebox.com
- Company Address: 1010 Swan Creek Drive, Baltimore, MD, 21226
About WhiteboxWhitebox Technologies is a tech-enabled, end-to-end ecommerce solution that helps consumer brands list and market products as well as fulfill online orders. The Company helps clients list products on the most popular ecommerce channels, price competitively, drive product rankings and complete orders under increasingly short time demands.
About The Role
Whitebox, a rapidly growing Baltimore based e-commerce startup, is looking for a Senior Manager to join our Operations Team and lead the approach to facilities management, safety, security & compliance.
We are looking for a leader with expertise in designing & documenting the approach to ensuring employee safety, and ensuring that the defined processes allow for formal measurement, evaluation, and improvement of the organization's health and safety performance. The responsibilities are focused on maximizing operational success while working with Whitebox personnel to ensure duties are completed safely, effectively and properly documented within OSHA and internal standards. Additionally, this role will be responsible for working with internal and external teams to plan and oversee execution of audits, routine maintenance and improvement projects for our nation-wide facilities.
This leader will be responsible for multiple facets of the business, including:
- Environmental Health & Safety Management: Manages the environmental, industrial, health and safety regulation compliance for all facilities. Oversees the development, planning, and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies; develops procedures (chemical safety, ergonomics, illness and injury prevention, and building safety) used throughout the company. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to environmental safety and handles all contact with appropriate agencies. Develops and oversees company training programs for employees in areas such as compliance training, lab/plant inspection, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, and life safety. May be the point of contact for emergency personnel and manage workers compensation program administration. Ensures appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a solid knowledge foundation in safety management systems, implementation and change management, and a proven track record of designing & improving safety programs & policies. They will have a history of building partnerships with diverse teams across multiple jurisdictions. The candidate must have the ability define clear requirements in ambiguity, proactively educate team members, leaders, and other support teams, and communicate effectively and consistently throughout all levels of the business.
- Develop programs, standards, or best practice documentation reflective of regulatory requirements and current-state operations
- Partner with local operational staff in communication, training, and execution of safety policies and standards & follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary
- Maintain all regulatory compliance documentation from a regional perspective to ensure accurate and up to date adherence to set standards
- Act as a subject matter expert in safety and health standards, possess excellent safety program management skills, and be an effective communicator capable of sending clear, concise, and consistent message both verbally and in writing.
- Ensures the site emergency response organization is effective and supported by site leadership.
- Establishes management systems that result in continuous performance improvement.
- Ensures appropriate health & safety training is conducted and remains effective.
- Leads the site's process for incident investigations.
- Promote implementation of Industrial Hygiene and safety aspects into the manufacturing process as part of the total job analysis.
- Develop and maintain the facilities ergonomic safety programs.
- Holds site personnel accountable for completing health & safety related action items in a timely manner.
- Responsible for plant safety programs, EPA compliance and security requirements for the all plant facilities.
- Acts as site representative to external organizations, such as community organizations, industry groups and regulatory agencies.
- Ensures the facility is compliant with all applicable HSE regulations (includes federal and local).
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field of study or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years in the Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) field with at least 5 years managing HSE and Facility programs.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with senior leaders
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment
- Ability to adapt well to growing environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Personal certification and/or experience in implementing ANSI Z10, ISO 45001 or OHSAS 18001.
- Previous experience interfacing with governmental agencies strongly preferred.